British number one Johanna Konta has been forced to withdraw from Wimbledon after a member of her team tested positive for coronavirus.
The tennis star now has to self-isolate for 10 days, in line with COVID rules.
The All England Club said in a statement: “A member of Johanna Konta’s team presented with COVID-19 symptoms this morning, and immediately isolated and undertook a PCR test in accordance with The Championships’ testing protocols.
“A positive result was returned which resulted in the AELTC, together with Public Health England, identifying Johanna Konta to be a close contact.
“In line with government legislation, she is required to self-isolate for 10 days and therefore is withdrawn from The Championships.”
The official Wimbledon Twitter account said: “Johanna Konta has been withdrawn from The Championships – in line with government legislation she is required to self-isolate for 10 days having been classified as a close contact of a positive test for COVID-19.
“Yafan Wang will take her position in the draw as a lucky loser.”
The tournament returns on Monday after being cancelled last year due to the pandemic, and will welcome fans.
With scattered downpours forecast on Monday, stars due to play on the opening day may be forced off court.
However, not those on Centre Court and Number One Court as they both have a roof.
From Wednesday onwards there will be pockets of rain which will ease, with it becoming dryer and brighter as we head into next weekend.
Senior meteorologist for the Met Office Steven Keates said: “For the rest of the week it looks as though high pressure will stick around, influencing the weather over much of northern and central Britain and Ireland, but southern England, and particularly the South East, will remain at risk of further showers.
“With a broadly easterly flow, North Sea coasts will often be cooler and sometimes cloudier, with the best of the sunshine and the warmth in the sheltered west.”